Monday, April 6, 2009

We are home!

All 6 of us retuned to American soil last night about 9:10pm. We were greeted by some of our greatest friends and family. It was a breath taking moment. Of course I cried when I saw the large banners and the people cheering us on. This included the loud screams of joy and excitement headed our way. It was exciting to see others excited for our safe return and the excitement to see these two precious babies we have talked and dreamed about. This homecoming was definately a highlight of our trip. It feels so good to be home and loved by our family and friends.
Yesterday was a LONG day. We began by waking up at 1:30am in order to leave for the Kiev airport by 2:30am. Our first flight leaft at 5:30am. It was a short trip to Germany, about 2 hours or so. We had a long layover in Germany. The airport had a McDonald's we ate at, we window shopped in the many stores then rested and waited for our next flight to Washingtion DC. This was the longest flight ever, from Germany to DC was at least 8 hours. Long enough that they fed us both lunch and dinner and we watched a 2 hour movie too. The "littles" slept off and on. Of course Marcus would wake up for mealtime. Macey did well even though she didn't sleep too much. When we landed in DC I knew we were HOME. I have never been so proud to be an American. We were now on our last leg of the trip. It took us just two more hours to return to OKC. That's when we were greeted by our special friends and family. I am so grateful to each one of you who came out to offer your support and love. We needed it! I will never forget the love, support and prayers these dear ones have given on our behalf. Marcus and Macey are blessed to live in America and be loved by all of you. Thank You for making our family a priority last night. I know it was a late return and a school night too. I will never forget the love I felt during those moments. THANK YOU!
Also Thank You to each of you who made our time away a little easier. Every detail was noticed.
Alyson: Thank You for arranging the meals for us. It was so thoughtful of you and for those who prepeared the meals. This has saved me a lot of time and energy. It was nice to have groceries in the fridge too. Thanks! Also, Thank You for caring for our home while we were away. I appreciate your time. I can hardly wait to see the pictures you took from last night. Thanks for taking care of that too. You thought of everything.
Stefannie: Thank You for caring for our pets for months now. Between the kitchen fire and our trip to Ukraine, you have outdone any favors you had to offer. We are coming to get them! Your excitement last night was contagious - Thank You!
Jennifer: Thank You for ALL that you have done during this whole adoption process. You made our homecoming special. Thanks for taking care of things that made our coming home easier. Macey's bed is adorable and the fact you dusted our home was above and beyond. I can not begin to list ALL of the things you have done for us. I will always remember your willingness to help and unselfishness to do so. I love you!
Tara: It was great to see you and the kids last night. Thanks for getting them out late on a school night. Thank You for making the entrance to our home beautiful. The plants, new door mat and garden flag are wonderful. What a pleasant surprise. I appreciate you kindness and thoughtfulness.
To eveyone else who came last night and for those who have prayed us through this process, THANK YOU! This is one of those few times I'm specchless. Thank You for loving me and my family. I am overwhelmed with your love and thoughtfulness.
Blessings,
Meghan

15 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Praise God that you are home with your two new, precious children. :-)

Alyson said...

Meghan,
Please know that although we did this for your family, we did this because we love God and want His love shown to those who don't know Him yet (but will soon find out what it means to be loved) - those precious children of yours! We are so thrilled you are home and can't wait to start loving on your family of 6. We are praying that it will be a quick adjustment back to US time and that you will all quickly get into a new normal routine. I hope to stop by soon to see everyone!
Loves,
Alyson

Our Story: Continued said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for all six of you! I hope you all get lots of rest!!

Nicky said...

TAYLOR!!!
I'm sooo excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to see you, & we're all so glad you all made it back safely. Thank God for that! We can't wait for you to be back in dance & Bible. It's gonna seem normal again when you come back. I've been so lonely! You know how long an hour is??? LOL, just kidding. Txt me sometime & we'll talk, k? Still missing you! Mucho Love! (Oh yeah & Hi! That's a point for me!) ;-j
~Nicole

Jenny said...

Welcome back home. Thank you so much for sharing your story and we know it has just begun.

orphans4me said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you are safely home. I will have to go back and read your blog now that it is open.
Joy,RR

orphans4me said...

Me again. Just had to say I got it all read! I was so pleased to see you ended up with a daughter and a son. I didn't seem to remember that. I hope you guys are feeling better soon now that you are home. Thank God you were actually able to come home earlier than expected.
Joy,RR

Christy said...

Congrats! You have a beautiful family! So glad you are back safe!

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Meghan - Thank YOU for allowing me, all of us, to be a part of something so wonderful...so life changing! I told you Sunday night, as I watched those beautiful, perfect babies sleeping safely in their new beds that YOU have changed their lives forever! I am so proud of you and Wayne for following your heart and following the call of God, even when it seemed like the odds were stacked against you! You made it...you are safe, you are home and you are loved! Please know that my support nor my excitement will never end! This is just the beginning!!! (((HUGS))) ~Jen

Tara and Family said...

Praise God each of you are home and safe! Marcus and Macey will always be surrounded by love and care, their "forever family". This was quite a journey to say the least, it's over - YEAH!! We love each of you very much and are so proud what your family has done for these two precious babies, saved their lives!!! Lily is anxious to come over for a play-date, when all is settled. Thanks again for sharing this journey with each of us, we love you.
Love, Aunt Tara, Uncle Brett, Lily and Luke Owen

Sydney said...

Meghan,
Welcome home. I am glad you and your family are home. I will continue to pray for your family as you all recooperate from jet lag, andwe pray for all the adjustments your family will be making to get to your new normal. God Bless You and your family of 6.
Take care,
Sydney Gore

liesel said...

How are you guys doing?

Our mission said...

We were praying for you!
We are glad you are back and look forward to seeing more updates of Marcus and Macey at their new home.
We are getting excited to be heading to adopt Slava soon!

Love,
the Adamsons

Cheri said...

Welcome home!!!! So glad everyone is home safe and sound....can't wait to hear updates of how everyone is settling in!

Congratulations!!

Tiffany said...

How about some Easter pics? I just saw the kids from a distance on Sunday ...... Let us know how things are going! They are just so cute!