Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Glasses for one and surgery for the other



Guess who needs glasses? Macey
Guess who needs surgery? Marcus
Who knew?
We took both kids in today to have their eyes examined. We knew Marcus needed help. We were counting on glasses to correct his crossed eyes. Nope, surgery for him. He has good vision and doesn't need glasses. The surgery will correct his crossed eyes.
It is a muscle problem not a vision problem. The surgery is only 15 minutes long, out patient and he'll be up and going that afternoon. No patches needed just antibiotic drops for 2 weeks and no swimming for those two weeks. I just laughed! We just recently got him in the bath, I haven't even thought about a swimming pool. :)
Macey is near sided and has astigmatism in both eyes. She needs glasses. We are on the hunt for a good pair of glasses for her. Any suggestions?

I have a feeling this is only the beginning. We are grateful the issues we have encountered thus far are ALL fixable and not life threatning, PRAISE GOD!
Thank You for your enduring love, prayers and support. We are blessed to have you. We believe Marcus and Macey know they are loved by you too!
Blessings,
Meghan

6 comments:

Missy said...

I don't know how I missed all of these updates the past week or so, but I sure loved going through them! Marcus and Macey are soooo adorable and it looks like everything is going so well! Taylor and Tanner continue to look like such fantastic kids - you are well blessed, indeed!!

Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Missy

P.S. How could I have missed National Scrapbooking Day??? I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks so much for updating us on these precious kids, I love the pictures!

Alyson said...

Meghan,
You need to talk to Mary Jane about the glasses thing and the pros and cons of the more durable ones. She has been through it all with Josh and his eyes and glasses - even the surgery Marcus is going to have!

Alyson

Mandy said...

We are going with frames from specs4us.com - they are made for children with ds! Good luck on the surgery and I bet Macey will just look like a dolly in glasses :)

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Awww...don't they look cute! I bet Macey is just going to look as cute as ever in her new little glasses! I can't wait to see them!

Cheri said...

Oh man...I am way behind in your blog posts...I need to spend the day getting caught up...and browsing all the new precious pictures you have posted! :) Anyway I am so glad Mandy told you about Specs4us.com because that's what I was going to recommend too...I've heard of families who were happy with them!

Marcus and Macey look soooooo good!!!.....and so loved!!!!