Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bath time Miracle for Marcus






Today was the day...Marcus loved his bath. It's Saturday morning and we were keeping our morning routine. We had breakfast together as a family and it was now time for the little ones to have a bath. Sometimes when I carry Marcus to the bath and grab the hooded towel out of the linen closet in the hallway he begins to cry. Even if he has a "blow-out" and I need to change his diaper on tile and have water and soap near by he cries when we go to the bathroom. Today was different, not for me but for him. I did the same thing I always do. Macey was excited for bath time and had her night gown and Pull Up off before I could even run the bath water. Marcus sat on a towel on the floor as I ran the bath water...no cries. I put Macey in first and he stood up to the side of the tub (on the outside) and began splashing the water...no crying. I took off his footed PJ's and then his diaper...no tears. I then put him in his bath seat and he began splashing the water in the tub. Macey thought this was great fun and joined him. They made me so happy just watching them play in the water and playing together splashing...no worries. I quickly hollered for Wayne to come see this. It was great that he was home and able to catch this moment. It was a moment we had been praying for since our first experience with bath time in Izmail. We pray this is a beginning to the end of those terrible experiences for him. He is home, safe, well and loved. I think he knows it! I will keep you posted on how he does for his bath tomorrow morning before church.
Tomorrow is our adoption shower hosted by family and friends. If your local and would like to meet the kids please feel free to come by FBC of Moore from 3-5pm.
We would love to share them with you.
Blessings,
Meghan

6 comments:

Missy said...

That's great!! I'm sure the meltdowns over bathtime are a thing of the past, now that he has experienced fun in the tub! :o)

Yay for Marcus!! :o)

Alyson said...

Yea! I am so glad you seem to have passed that hurdle. One step at a time - God is faithful!
Love you guys,
Alyson

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Awww...he looks like he was having fun! They both do! They are so cute!!!

Our Story: Continued said...

Yay!! They're so stinking cute!!!

orphans4me said...

This is great! And what cute pictures.
Joy,RR

Lou said...

They look great, Meghan! Hope you are all rested and back on US time, and enjoying those cutie pies!!!