Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We received 2 referrals today!

It's official, we accepted 2 referrals today. We were approved for two children when we applied and submitted. We had inquired about a little girl back in October. She was too far, in a another region plus it would take more time and money. Something we did not have any extra of. We have been praying about this months. We decided that if the Lord provided the money and another child in the same orphanage as Timur we knew it would be from the Lord. It happened! There is a little girl, 4 years old with Down Syndrome, recently available and she is currently living in the same orphanage with Timur. God is so good! We saw her picture for the 1st time today. She is beautiful! She has dark hair and beautiful eyes. We laughed and cried when we saw both Timur's and Natalia's pictures. It was the baby picture of Timur we were expecting to see. Natalia is her birth name and she was born on Christmas Day! Wayne said she's our gift from God. The meeting itself was simple and comfortable. My nerves went away as soon as I saw the kids pictures. They asked only one question, "How did you come to know about the children you are requesting?" We told them about a family that had met Timur last year, The Green's. That was it. It was short and oh so sweet. The meeting was in an office not a court room with a big long table and red velvet chair that I had imagined. Taylor and Tanner were with us during our meeting. They saw the process and were able to see the young pictures of Timur and Natalia. I am so glad we can share this experience with them. They have been great and are real troopers. We have walked a many of miles in the past two days. They have been so excited taking all the sights in that they haven't complained hardly at all. After our appointment today we had some excitement. Anatoly, our facilitator told Wayne and I along with our translator, Irina, to come on. We had to go to THE notary to renew our application for Natalia. We had only applied for Timur and were accepted to adopt two children. We were able to get the referral for Natalia, have our application notarized and picked up BOTH referrals by 5 pm. And I thought we would be looking for something to do this afternoon. The process was exciting. Anatoly was great and Irina too. They make a great team. I can say that about Victoria too. It has taken several people to get us to this point. God has truly allowed us to work with some wonderful people. The Hollis' and the Powell's received their referral also. Today has been a great day! We are leaving Kiev at 4am tomorrow. We have to leave the guest house at 3am in order to meet our ride. We will travel to Izmail and plan to be there at Noon. That means we will meat Timur and Natalia near lunchtime. I can't not wait to meet our new children. We came to Ukraine a family of 4 and will be leaving as a family of 6, Lord willing. We will have our official court date soon. That is were we will become the named parents of Timur and Natalia. We will post pictures of them as soon as we are able. Wayne can not get the video loaded from Jamie's computer. We will try again when we get to Izmail. Stay tuned this journey is exciting for all of us.
Blessings,
Meghan

22 comments:

Alyson said...

WOW! Amazing things God is doing with your family. Let us know what you need and what we can do to help. We are praying only what we know to pray - God knows the rest. We can't wait to meet the TWO new Dickinsons. What a blessing that you are open to what God has for you - you are truly trusting Him to provide, even when the way seems difficult (if you have a chance, read Numbers 13 and 14 - our BSF lesson from this week). He is leading you and you are following. We wait expectantly to hear from you each day. Can't wait to see pictures. Love you all.
Alyson

Our mission said...

Hooray! We are so happy that you got both referrals today!! God is good! We thank Him for your family and the wonderful home you'll provide for Timur and Natalia. We can't wait to see pictures :)

Love, the Adamsons

Tara and Family said...

OMG, this is far from what I expected, how exciting and wonderful!! I'm so very glad and happy for everyone, I can hardly type I'm so overwhelmed with joy!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! Please, please try to get the video up and going, I really cannot wait to see these two precious babies, how awesome. I'm glad that Tanner and Taylor are doing well and adjusting to everything. Praying for a smooth process the whole way through. Get a good nights sleep, you will be up before the chickens tomorrow. Take care and stay warm, LOVE YOU ALL, Aunt Tara and Family

P.S. Lots and lots of pictures of these two beautiful angels.

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Well, it's about time!!! I'm here, sitting on pins and needles, just waiting for your next update! I am so excited for you!!! The news just keeps getting better and better! Just one more day and little Timur will be in your arms, and Natalia too! YAY!!! A boy and a girl!!! I can't wait to see how your first visit goes! Please update as soon as possible! E-mail me if you can...

Amanda Jones said...

I'm so excited for you! Timur and Natalia ... oh I can't wait to see photos of them.

I hope you have a nice trip to Izmail!

Amanda-Adopting Ean and Mila

Tara and Family said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU for calling and remembering Luke on his 1st birthday! I can't wait to give him a big squeeze tonight from you all!! It was SO good to hear your voice, what a great surprise, too bad I'm at work and we couldn't have talked longer, bummer. I've thought of a lot of questions for you while I'm sitting here typing this. Oh well, we will try to chat another time, soon I hope. You guys are going to bed for the night, I know it's been a long day for everyone but, productive. I will wait for the next post with PICTURES, I'm so anxious to see Timur and Natalia. Good night until tomorrow, Tara and Family

*Really, thanks a MILLION for calling, I'm almost in tears as I type this. I LOVE YOU ALL - Tara

Carol said...

Oh my! That is wonderful what God is doing for ya'll and you two new children! I can't wait to meet them. Just think, I will have 4 new children to meet and love when you and the Malones return to Moore! I can't wait. It so great to watch and see how God answers our prayers! Love you and can't wait for the next entry!
Carol

Bethany said...

Oh.my.goodness. YAY! My cousin's name is Natalia too! Are you going to keep her name? I love it! Can't wait for you to meet them!

DBMeade said...

Hi Meghan, Wayne, Tanner and Taylor!

- Oh! SO happy for you!!!

Natalia means:
Christmas
or one born on Christmas -
So she is aptly named to be born on Christmas Day!

(You can call her "Talia" - to fit with your "T" theme!!! GRIN!)

Is there anything we can do for you while you are gone?

Just holler our way, if there is!!!

Praying for you!
D, B, D & N

Sydney said...

Meghan,
I am glad to hear the great news of two!!!. This is so exciting to hear about your journey. We adopted our daughter from Russia in March, too. Can't wait to hear about you family meeting them tomorrow. I am so glad you are experiencing this as a whole family. God Bless You. I will update the BSF group tomorrow if they don't know. Praying for you,
Sydney

Sherry B said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!! I'm really looking forward to those first pictures! We serve an AWESOME GOD!!!

Unknown said...

WOW, is right! And I agree with reading Numbers 13 and 14 from the BSF lesson this week. God is so amazing that I am overwhelmed! I will share your fabulous news tomorrow with our BSF group, can't wait to see the pictures.Terri

Ron said...

Absolutely amazing! It's wonderful to hear that everything is going so smoothly--according to God's perfect plan. We can't wait to see those precious pictures of the little ones. We're excited for you guys! God Bless and we'll keep the Life Group informed of all the events happening. We love you guys!

Bubba

Littlejohn said...

I cannot wait to see the new pics of Timur and Natalia! I'm so glad everything is going well over there!
Love you guys Amber Littlejohn

Lou said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am wondering if Natalia is the little girl in Mattea Olena's groupa. I am so excited for you! Right along with everyone else, I can't wait to see pics!!!

RDrisk5150 said...

We are so glad for you all. God is really working in your lives. We can't wait to see the pictures of your to new blessings. Robert said maybe we will drive over to see them this weekend, he is such a funny person. We will be praying for you every day. Tell Taylor and Tanner to hang in there and they are doing great at being a big sister and big brother. Have a safe trip and try to get some rest if you can. We are very excited for you. God bless all of you.
Patti & Robert

liesel said...

What a gift to have your children along for the ride! A boy AND a girl! How wonderful!

Cheri said...

Wow....wow!! I was praying earnestly for you all this morning, particular about this meeting, asking that the Lord would go before you and iron out all the details. My own heart pants in anticipation for you to meet them tomorrow! Can't wait... What a life changing experience for all of you.

Kenneth said...

y'all comin' home soon? I'm sure its still a whirlwind right now but please be prepared for the "down-time" - save some of your jokes & funny stories 'cuz there ain't no cable TV where y'all are going {there probably is actually} I'll be in prayer for me friend "Hop-a-long Dickinson" & hope he's keepin' up - the pain must be excruciating at times - Mrs.Dickinson - please be nice/gentle to my friend !!! moe-row-zee-voe = ice cream in Ukrainian ...

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Praise God again!! I can't wait to see pics of both of them!! What a journey you guys are on. We will continue to pray and can't wait to read the next update. Looks like today is going to be a beautiful day here in Moore. It is supposed to get up into the 70's or 80's. By the time you guys get home next month everything will probably be green and colorful just in time for Timur and Natalia. I just love Spring!! Let us know if there is anything we can do here in OK to help make your homecoming run as smooth as possible. We can start collecting clothes for Natalia as soon as you know what size she is wearing. I am sooooooo excited for you guys and can't wait to meet these 2 new Dickinson's. We love you guys so much!! Denise and Family

Cyndi Myers said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! This is all so exciting!! Can't wait to see these precious little ones when you return home...more pictures please :)! Much love,
Cyndi

Jennifer C. Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.