Monday, March 9, 2009

Ground Hog Day!

Today is similar to every other day, in a good way. We are finally getting "settled" into a routine. We are a simply doing our best each day. We like to keep it simple. We get up each morning and get ready to see the kiddos. We have a schedule with the taxi driver to pick us up by 9:40 to have us to the orphange by 10am until Noon. He picks us up and drops us off at the Potato House for lunch. It is next to the market and only a 15 minute walk to our apartment. We are able to order pizza, burritos, baked potato, salads and drinks. The girls that work there know us by now. They are kind and helpful with our orders. We eat there at least once a day. If I knew how to ask I would ask if they have a frequent buyers card. :) The walk "home" is nice. It's not too far for Wayne and just enough for the kids and I to let out our energy. The fresh air does us all good. Today we came back after our trip to the market and watched a movie together before going back for our evening visit. The driver comes back at 3:40pm for our 4-6pm visit. The taxi's here drive FAST. We don't have to worry about being late for our visit. The weather today was nice. We were able to take the kids outside for the first time. They came to us way bundled up. Timur could not even fit on my hip. He was in a snow suit, several layers of clothes under neath and a hat/scarf on top and pink boots. Macey came in her puffy pink coat ontop of the other layers of clothing plus a purple hat on top. Her workers had doen her hair before we arrived. She must have had 6-8 ponytails on top of her head, all over. It wasn't easy putting that hat on. She enjoyed holding my hand adn Taylor's too. Timur was happy to pushed in an umbrella stroller by Tanner. The big kids are having so much fun with their younger siblings. Today was a relief to go outside. Our morning visit was in the middle of a hallway. Yes, a hallway. Workers just walked by and had to step over us and our belongings. Not much fun. We are grateful for our time with them no matter the circumstances. THEY are the reason we are here. One of the workers watched us as we played in the "doctors office." We are never in the same area twice. She had a hard time trying to talk to me. I did understand her to say, "Two, hard?" I told her NO two children would not be hard. She said, "You have a BIG heart." She made me smile. I told our children we are a witness to eveyone we meet. We want others to see the love of Jesus through us. We are truly blessed that God would use our family in such an amazing way. Marcus and Macey are a gift from God. This evening we were in yet a different room. Only four walls and a mat on the floor. Timur was getting tickeled at himself. He would laugh and hollar just to hear himself. The room echoed and he loved it! He has such a fun laugh, it comes from his belly. Macey loves to be read to. My sister Jennifer gave a book to bring with us. She loves it. When we arrive she goes to our bag, pulls out the Bubbles book, backs up until she finds my lap then sits down for me to read it to her Again. It is quite fun! Today she also sorted nesting blocks. She did quite well. She is right on target. She is high functioning and smart too. She dresses herself, is potty trained, feeds herself and loves our attention. We will know more when we get home. These are all things we are told.
We will measure the kids today. Timur is not the pumkin we thought he would be. Under the many layers of clothes he has on each day is a little baby boy. His thighs are not thinck but thin little bird legs. I can not wait to watch him grow. I guess he is maybe a 2T in size. Macey is probably a 4T. These are my best guesses. Their sizes are different here. It looks like we will want to buy a swing set for the Spring and Summer. I think they are going to love being outside. I want to get Timur some kind of jumping thing. He pulls up to you and furniture but doesn't go far. It is only a matter of time before he will walk. He'll need to strengthen his legs and see were he is going.
It's only a matter of time before both of them grow by leaps and bounds. It's so exciting to see them and their potential. It's exciting to be a part of something so big. God is so Good!
Jennifer and Tara - I am reading e-mails. I have to decide whether to respond to e-mails or post on the blog. The service here is so SLOW. I won't even beging to tell you I have spent hours on this post. I can hardly wait to see Macey is her Big Girl toddler bed and Timur in his new crib. He is going to love all the musical toys. I am going to need some help with shopping and sizes. It has been 8 years since I've had a little one. I appreciate ALL of your encouraging words. Keep them coming! I need them. I can only focus on today. It's too hard to think past today. It's too long of a time period. I really do miss you guys. This is so much harder than I thought. Our time with the kids is the highlight of our day! They are both SO worth it!
Alyson - Thank You for tending to our home and all of the essentials. Bless you for your time. Thank you for being so eager to help while we are away. Bless you for your time and thoughtfulness.
Stefannie - Thank You for caring for our pets. Yes, we are coming home. Thank You for loving on them, caring for them and reminding them we will be back. You and the girls have been a real blessing. What a relief it has been to know they are taken care of. Thank You is not enough.
Nana, Dad and Barbara - Thank You for finding enough love in your heart for 2 special grandchildren. They are gifts from God and we know they will bring so much joy to our family. We are excited for you to meet them and fall in love with them too.
Thank You for your patience with me. I will try to blog more often and send pictures when I can. The modem that we purchased for just under a $100 is helpful but it is not the same. It is still limited with speed and space.
We love you guys and look foward to your comments.
P.S. There is also no Spell Check available - go figure.

Blessings,
Meghan

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! What news! I hadn't been on all weekend but was definitely praying. We had about 12 girls in our home all weekend (including my own 5). It was like a sorority house! As I stepped over kids and lived in pleasant, happy chaos, I prayed often for you as you enter this life. I'm totally pumped about your court date NEXT WEEK! Woo Hoo!!!! I know it feels like you've been gone forever, but when you consider what you're doing, the process is moving along quite quickly!

On a business note, do you want me to send your NSD invites? Or should I send it to Alyson so she can do it? It would be super easy for me to do, I'd just need your CM password. Really, I just want to hack into your account and place orders on it (ha, ha)!

Give your ENTIRE family hugs from us! Love you all!
Angie, Ian and the 5 girls

Carol said...

Hi Dickinson Family! Sure miss you guys and will be so happy to have you back home. Looking forward to meeting Macey and Marcus and getting my hugs from Taylor and Tanner! There isn't a day goes by that ya'll aren't in our thoughts and prayers. We are so thankful that you are able to post so that we can keep up with all that is going on over there. We are so excited about getting to meet and play with your two new bundles of joy! We praise God daily for waht he is doing in your lives and theirs. Thank you for being open to this new chapter in your life that God has given you.
Love you and miss you! Jim and Carol

Bethany said...

Hey guys! This is McKenna using Bethany's account because I can't get in your blog. They are both beautiful! Happy Groundhog Day from our part of Ukraine to your part of Ukraine! We miss you guys!

Tara and Family said...

Hey guys, Hi to everyone! Wow - what a post, glad to hear how well everyone is doing. This morning it was raining a bit, I saw a double rainbow and thought of each of you in the Ukraine. I'm so glad to hear of your days spent with Marcus and Macey, I'm sure they are so thrilled to see each of you everyday. I'm sure that's the hi-light of their day as well - a new family to call their own - HOW WONDERFUL! God has placed you with these two babies for a reason, GOD IS SO GOOD! I can't hardly wait to see their beautiful faces in person. Mary has been kind enough to send you messages via email and email me with info. as well. Please be safe and enjoy your time with the babies - they are so sweet, I love their little faces. More pictures please, when you can. WE LOVE EACH OF YOU, Tara and Family

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

HELLO!!! It is so good to hear from you!!! So glad to hear that the weather has been cooperating for you this week. Payton checks the weather in Ukraine everyday on his iPod and lets me know. We are all thinking about you. I made copies of the pictures you've posted and Rylee has taken them to school to share with everyone. We are all so proud! We miss you all and can't wait for all of you to be home! I know it must seem like the time is dragging by but before you know it, you'll be home! The weather here has been really nice the last several days, highs in the 70's and 80's with lots of sun. It rained last night and now a cold front is moving back in and I think I heard something about possible snow/rain mix later on this week. Go figure! Gotta love Oklahoma! Please tell T & T that we are thinking about them and we hope they are having a good time taking in all the sights and sounds of Ukraine, as well as getting to know their new brother and sister! You and Wayne are in my thoughts and prayers, every day, all day! Please be safe and keep the posts coming! (((HUGS))) ~Jen

Alyson said...

This is what we love to hear!!!! I know this is hard - living everyday the same with no variety, but it will be short lived and you will ALL be home soon. Sooner than you think. We are praying for you each day as we think of these precious children that will be not only a part of your family, but a part of God's family! Keep the great posts coming. Let us know if there is anything you need us to do on the homefront.
Love you guys!
Alyson

Sydney said...

Hang in there Meghan,
When we were in Russia, days became soooo long and so ground hog dayish. Now we think back with fond memories of the time we spent in Kate's birth country. I am glad you have found a place that you like to eat. We had three restaurants we ate at for our four weeks in Russia. I also laughed at your description of how your kiddos we soo bundled up. Kate always had at least three layers on inside and was sweating. One day she got the hiccups and they kept putting more clothes on her. With each hiccup she would get another sock or sweater. They believe people hiccup when they are cold. We loved learning about the cultural differences. We learned that the Russians love to bundled up their little ones. We realized that although we did not agree with everything they did in the baby home we came to see that they did what they thought was best for the children.

Praying for your upcoming court date.
Love the pictures. Your children are so cute. What a blessing.
Pray for you,
Sydney

Meredith said...

Hey there! So glad you're doing well!

If you're able, try to download "Windows Live Writer!" You can then make all your blog posts OFFLINE and hit 'publish' when you have a connection and it will upload it all for you. It is WONDERFUL!! Even works for photos :) Just a thought...

Thanks for taking the time to update, your new daughter is just beautiful, so glad to see the pictures!

-Meredith (RR)

Cheri said...

Meghan, I am so humbled that I get to watch your amazing story unfold! It is absolutely beautiful! And your response to the woman who asked if 2 would be hard was absolutely perfect...I might have laughed and nodded with a yes, even though I knew I could do it....but your immediate confidence spoke volumes I am sure. Marcus and Macey are going to be so good for eachother....and their big brother and sister make my heart swell seeing how loving and caring they are already to these two. I loved the picture of Tanner holding Marcus' little hand!! I also love that Marcus and Macey's names start with the same letter as Tanner and Taylor's do.

As you know I fell in love with Timur the moment I saw his picture on Reece's Rainbow back in the summer, so it does my heart so good to see more pictures of this little guy and to know that he is going to come home to you soon and will get those little bird legs plumped up soon. I have no doubt that both Macey and Marcus are going to just thrive and soar as a Dickinson!!!! I am so grateful, as a sister in the Lord, that you listened to the tugging on your heart and as a result are thousands of miles away from your home...doing His will. It is just so beautiful!