Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not the Dickinson's, but can give you an update!!!

Hello Everyone,

This is Anne Hollis, my husband Todd and I are in Ukraine with Meghan, Wayne and the kids. We are adopting a little girl (Alina) from the same orphange and have been on this journey together, in many ways!!! I am posting on behalf of Meghan because they do not have access to the internet at this time. Apartments with internet are a rarity, and it is raining and they could not get to the internet cafe today.

But they wanted to let you know they are doing well and are enjoying the time with the newest Dickinson kids. Each day they are able to go to the orphanage and spend some time with Timur and Natalia. It has only been 2 days and it is obvious that they both are bonding with Meghan, Wayne, Taylor and Tanner... their faces light up when they see them! We had dinner together with the Dickinson's after our visit this afternoon and Taylor and Tanner just lit up when they talked about their newest siblings... how lucky Timur and Natalia are to be welcomed by such wonderful, loving and compassionate siblings (and parents!!)

We are going to try to get Meghan some real time on the internet tomorrow, so she can give you more of an update, but for now please know they are doing fine, bonding very quickly with the newest additions and appreicate all your prayers and support.

God bless,
Anne Hollis

10 comments:

Alyson said...

Thanks for getting an update to us - even if it wasn't from you personally. It sounds like things are going really great! We need a full name on Macy (Natalia) so we are not out of the loop. What are you going to call each of them? We so look forward to your updates and I am so thankful you have American friends there to help you out. How good is God that He provided that for you so far from home? Know that you are loved and prayed for everyday! Can't wait to love on those babies.
Alyson

Alyson said...

I know I read Macy somewhere but now it is not in the post - am I imagining things? Sorry if I got information wrong.
Love you guys!
Alyson

Tara and Family said...

Thanks to Anne Hollis for sending this post, appreciate it.
Meghan, sorry we got disconnected, not sure what happened. It was good to hear your voice for a split second anyway. You sounded a little anxious, hope all is well with everyone?. I'm so glad that your able to go and visit with Timur and Natalia and love on them. I bet Tanner and Taylor are over the moon with joy, I'm so happy for them! Sorry to hear of your internet issues, hope your able to post soon (with photos). Please be safe and keep warm. We love you all and pray for everyones well being. XOXO, Aunt Tara and Family

P.S. Let us know the babies sizes for spring/summer clothes - thanks

Our mission said...

Thanks for the update by Anne! Glad it is going well and that you are enjoying your children. I hope you can access internet soon, but atleast you have all your kids with you :)
Meghan, I sent a couple emails to let you know that there have been posts on RR of people asking if they can somehow get invited to follow your blog. Just wanted to let you know in case you could invite them.
Praying for you,
the Adamsons

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

***Alyson...It's Marcus Timur and I don't think it's set in stone but the little girl will be Macey Tatum. I believe they are planning on calling the kids Marcus and Macey...in time!

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

MEGHAN...I'M HERE NOW!!!!


I've been on pins and needles, waiting to hear from you and you called!!! I'm so sorry that I didn't answer! I was in my annual review meeting here at work.


I LOVE YOU!!! You are doing a wonderful thing and I am so proud of you! Through the good times and the bad, remember that no matter what happens, those new babies are coming HOME with YOU!


This is all just temporary...the time will pass...and you will be home soon...with FOUR gorgeous children!!!


Woo Hoo!!!


It was so wonderful to hear your voice! Stay strong and BE SAFE!!! I am thinking of you often...all the time, actually, and praying hard for you!!! I can't wait to hear from you again!!! (((HUGS)))


Jen

TonyNMJ@sbcglobal.net said...

Thanks for the update. It is exciting! We are praying for you all.

MaryJane

RDrisk5150 said...

Thank you so much for letting us know how things are going. We are so glad that everyone is bonding together. Thank your friends for letting us know how you are. We are still praying for you everyday.
Patti & Robert

gillian said...

Thanks for the update! I am praying for you all!

Kenneth said...

young Tim {Marcus?} kinda looks like his new Daddy? how'd y'all pull that off? what a great picture - y'all look mah-velous !!! I'm hope & pray that things are going well and your journey cliiping along without any "dull" times - here's a good word for y'all "mu-row-zee-voe" = ice cream in Ukrainian - I wonder if they wonder if big Wayne is coming there to take over their country? keep us up to date - there's lotsa folk prayin' for ya & the more you keep us up to sped the more we'll be inclined to offer petition on your behalf ...