Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The best part of our day...

I am currently at an internet cafe' many blocks away from our apartment. Our apartment does not have the internet, Bummer! I have already writtena very long post with the details of today and I lost the connection therefore loosing my post so be patient with me as I try this agin. I wanted to give you the NEW picture od the Dickinson famiky right away. I know that's what your waiting for. The highlight of our day was definately meeting Timur adn Natalia for the first time. I am still in amazement that God would allow us this privelede. It was more than I can describe in words. It was definatley an Ah! Ha! moment I will never forget. You know how I just love to take pictures, this was one of those moments I just took in. We all were taking in this amazing monet. We met with the director of the orphanage first. He was a nice man and recognized the photos of our family. He had them on his desk when we met. Hw was pleased to meet Taylor and Tanner too. He gave us the history of the children and answered any questions we had. He was kind adn helpful. The staff was attentive and helped bring the children in the room. I saw Timur first. I stood there adn cried before I swept him up in my arms. It was moment I will never forget. I got to love him, hold him, smell him and look right into his eyes. I still can not beleive God has chosen our family to rescue these to precious children. We are truly blessed. Timur was eveything I imagined him to be. Thanks to Lu who sent me pictures adn a video just a few short months ago. He is affectionate and loving. He loves to give kisses away. tanner loved to get down on the floor with him adn blow bubbles to him and he adored the wand we made him. Actually he never let go of it. He is still in a crib, needs help eating, is wearing diapers and is beginning to cruise along the furniture. I can not wait to get him home and watch him grow. He has great potential. After about 20 minutes we met Natalia. She was brought into the room were we were. It was love at first sight. She has dark brown hair and brwon eyes too. Her hair is long enough to put into pigtails, but no Big Ukrainian bows, yet! She stayed in the caregivers arms for just a few minutes before she was ready to get down. She loved catching the bubbles Tanner was blowing. She just laughed and giggled. Taylor is so gald to be a big sister again. She always wanted a little sister. God has truly blessed us and them too. Natalia was born on Christmas Day. She can feed herself, dress herself, sleeps in a toddler bed and is potty trained. She is just beautiful. Timur and Natalia do not know each other. They are in the same orphanage but in different groupas. They will know each other for life now. We are praying for a court date next week. Please join us as we continue this journey. Today has been exhausting and emotional. The best part was meeting the children the rest of the day is for another post.
Blessings,
Meghan

10 comments:

Alyson said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the information. What a precious time for your family. We will pray with you for a court date next week - just keep us posted. Let us know what you need and what we can do for you and these precious children. We want to hear all the details.
Love you all,
Alyson

gillian said...

Continued prayers for you guys! The kids are gorgeous!!

Tara and Family said...

They are SO beautiful and full of life. I cannot be any happier for the entire family, PRAISE GOD! I was a little worried when I saw the Hollis' post and you/Taylor in the background and no post from you with Timur and Natalia?. I kept telling myself that there must be an issue with the camera, video or internet. I'm so thrilled to see the photo. Please keep the photos coming and video if you can get it up and going. Sounds like all is going well for the moment. Praying for your court date and everything to go smoothly. Sleep well, LOVE and HUGS - Aunt Tara

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

What an amazing day it has been!!! I am so excited for you and Wayne, Taylor and Tanner and now Timur and Natalia, too!!! I wish you all were here...I wish you all were home already! I want to love on and kiss those babies too! Soon enough, soon enough! I will be praying for a quick court date and safe travels!!! Stay safe and keep the updates coming!!! We all love you!!!

WrightMamaFBC said...

What a great family! You all are such a blessing and thank you for inviting us all into this special time of your lives. Between you and the Malones, there is going to be an awful lot of love flowing down the aisles when everyone is back home! God bless and we'll be praying for your court date!

Cindy

Amanda Jones said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day indeed! I can't wait to hear more and to see more pictures too!

Amanda-Adopting Ean and Mila

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO happy for you!!! More pictures, more pictures!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! They are so beautiful!! I am crying tears of joy for your wonderful "larger" family. I can just imagine the joy you all are feeling!! Much love to all of you, Denise

Cheri said...

I love how Tanner and Taylor are already taking on to their new roles...so sweet! I can only imagine the feelings you must have felt today... what a beautiful thing to finally meet little Timur who you have prayed for for so long...and to meet Natalia, she just looks like she has a sweet little spirit. :)

Unknown said...

I am speechless. I hope you're writing more detail somewhere. We have lots of books to COMPLETE for this precious new family when you get back. I am so excited for you...2 kids!! Meghan, welcome to the world of crazy big family life! I love it!!