Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How do you keep a toddler in his crib?



What do you notice about this picture?
Yes, I had to turn his crib around backwards to keep Marcus IN his crib. I was working in my office when I turned around and noticed Marcus standing in the entry way. What are you doing in here? More importantly HOW did you get in here? It was Marcus' nap time, Macey and Taylor were at school and Tanner was in the dining room. All was quiet! I didn't hear a thing; no thug, crash or bang. I swooped him up to make sure he was OK. No blood, no scrapes, no bruises of any kind. He was just standing there as if to say, here I am. I did pick him back up and put him back to bed to finish his nap. Later that evening I had the brilliant idea of turning his crib around so he could no longer escape. So far, so good. Geeesh!

2 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Wow...what a great idea!!!! I looked at the pictures before I read what you wrote and for a second I though, "Is that the back of his crib?" Hey...whatever works! That little stinker!!! Aunt Jennifer loves him sooooo much!!!!

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, what a good idea! Alex has started getting out too and his crib is a step higher in the back (meaning I can't get one of those crib tents), so I am trying this out tomorrow. Did I mention he woke EVERYONE up this morning at 7 am???? LOL