Sunday, January 3, 2010

Biggest Looser, that's me!


Beginning tomorrow Monday, June 4th I will be joining the Biggest Looser program at our church. Yes, it's a new years resolution to loose weight but to do it for the right reasons. This program is designed to make us accountable to our partner, weigh in each week, share in a time of devotion and receive a nutritional tip too. I have lost weight before, many times. This time I pray it is for good. I didn't know I wanted to actully go public with this adventure until this past weekend. So here I am throwing this out to each of you for a few reasons. Most importantly for your prayers. Please know that I take this very seriously and need to know that God is in control and I am not. When I have done this on my own I have failed. I need Him to deliver me from this addiction to food that I have. I love to eat. I love to eat whether I am happy, sad, mad or glad. I don't need a reason to eat. I would also like you to pray for discipline for me to excercise also. I know I can not afford to buy diet/low-fat food, join Weight Watchers or pay for a gym membership. This journey can not cost my family. What I can do is walk or learn how to run. More on that later. I will post my progress as it occurs. I would like to make a blog for this personal journey but haven't quite figured out how to do so. So for now, know that I am taking caring of ME. In the meatime, I will be taking care of my supportive husband, 4 precious children, home schooling, keeping up with the house work, paying the bills, getting the kids to and from activities and therapies, Bible Study Fellowship, church activities and committments, scrap booking our lives and serving where God calls me (these are in no particular order and I just know I'm leaving something out). So please pray that God opens up the TIME I need to put towards this goal of mine. I want HIM to be glorified in ALL that I do. He will have to help me balance this "new normal" life of mine. I am having the time of my life. I don't want to miss out on any of it. Thanks for the support!

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Good luck Meghan! You are braver than me to post a before pic! LOL. I am gonna take one, but I am NOT posting it until I have an after to post. Sad, I know. :)

And patiently waiting... said...

I will pray for you! It sounds like a wonderful idea! You sound just like me..and the no cost is for me too. I will be excited with you to see your progress!

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

This is great...and I just love your picture! (Can I get my pictures too?) You can do this...we can do this! One day at a time and know that I am here, right along with you! Woo Hoo!!!!

Mary Malone said...

Love you, Meghan! I am so proud of you for taking this step! I will be praying for you in this journey. God paid a high price for you and you are worth it! He wants this for you even more than you do.:)

Alyson said...

I love you girl and I am proud of you. James and I are also working on losing weight this year - although we are not doing the Biggest Loser at church. I will certainly be praying for you - I sure wish all those other activities we do burned more calories!!!!

Chris and Mary Malone said...

Way to go! We'll pray for you! I know from personal experience how hard it is to break that food addiction. But GOD CAN DO IT! And what's more, He WANTS to do it!!

Tara and Family said...

YOU GO GIRL (sister)! I knew you and Jennifer were up to "something" at B&B's, taking all those pictures. What a great idea through your church family, you will have a lot of support. I'm praying for you, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Love you, Tara

Tiffany said...

Way to go Meghan! You can do it. I will be praying for you :)

megsman said...

Meghan I am very proud of you and your commitment. I will support you and cook for you and make you get up in the a.m. to work out etc. You can do it. I love you.