Monday, January 11, 2010

Biggest Looser Update - Week 1

I lost 5.25 lbs. the first week of Biggest Looser. :)
How did I do it? Prayer, Ate Less and Exercised More.
Really, I just cut the portions I was use to eating by probably half in some cases. I have also committed to 4-5 days a week of exercise. I have a love/hate relationship with the treadmill. :) Thank You for your words of encouragement, keep them coming. This is truly the hardest thing for me to do on my own. I continually pray for the Lord to deliver me from this food addiction. I know He can and believe He will. Today was a new day of exercise for me. I had the same routine but a different attitude. I learned that caring for our bodies is an act of worship. I pray that what I am doing is pleasing to Him. I will have to remind myself of this, moment by moment then hour by hour then eventually day by day. This is a process. One week down, many more to go, a lifetime.

5 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

WOO HOO!!!! I knew you could do it!!! Way to go!!!! You are doing an amazing job and just like I told you...it's not a matter of what goes wrong or where you might fail, it's that you get back up and start again! Eating less...moving more! Slow and steady wins the race!!! You can do it!!!

Molly said...

That's awesome!! Have you thought of doing something a little more "fun" for exercise? I don't like to exercise at all, but I like to dance, so I take Zumba classes/do dvds. I feel silly but you burn SO many calories!

John and Ansley said...

Go Meghan, go Meghan (picture me moving my arms in a circular motion)! All for HIS glory!!!

Courtney said...

You can do it! I lost 40 lbs mainly through portion control. I was just eating WAY too much for the amount of activity I was doing. Keep it up--you can do this!!! :) :)

Tara and Family said...

Great start, keep it up! I'm so very proud of you!!