Sunday, May 3, 2009

We've been home ONE month today!





I can hardly believe it was just four short weeks ago when we stepped off that LONG flight home and landed in America. We are still so grateful to be home together as a family. This month together has been amazing. We were welcomed home by our friends and family at the airport. I will never forget our dear friend Ken bending down to meet Marcus and welcoming him home to America with a little US flag for him to hold. A moment that says it all, Welcome Home! I remember it like it was yesterday. Wayne was home with us for the first week. We were both trying to get over the Ukrainian colds we brought home and jet lag too. The first week was filled with church directory pictures, shopping at the mall for new Easter outfits, celebrating Easter with the Malone family and attending our first worship service in 5 weeks. I still remember holding Wayne's hand just balling tears of joy to be in worship together with Marcus and Macey. The second week was the beginning of our many doctor visits we would be attending. Taylor had oral surgery that week and we were showered with many gifts and blessings from our church family, friends and family. It was great to have so many people loving on us and our family, all 6 of us. The third week was another filled week together. I attended my first Down Syndrome support meeting at our church. It was not what I expected but I'm looking forward to being more pro-active next time. It was all new to me. Macey had her first haircut and we had our 2nd first family picture taken by my dear friend www.angiesteedman.com. We had a busy Saturday with NSD and the Arts festival on the same day. It was a LONG fun day. This past week was a return visit to the pediatrician, a first at McD's, eye appointments for both kids, glasses for Macey, lunch with Wayne after showing off the kids to the guys in his machine shop and we ended the week with Tanner performing in his end of the year children's choir program at church. That is just a highlight of the past month home.
As I reflect over the past month I am filled with JOY. Wayne and I have amazing children and feel so blessed to have them all. Taylor and Tanner both have been great through this whole transition process. We all have to work together as a family. Our family has changed, no doubt. It has changed for the better. We are all better people, changed by God because of the lives of Marcus and Macey. God gave us the TWO children he would want us to have. The two that would work best in OUR family. WE thank HIM everyday for the gifts He has intrusted us with. Marcus and Macey are BOTH adjusting, bonding and attaching just beautifully. We are so very grateful for the TIME we have together. We are literally together all day and all evening. Wayne goes to work early and comes home early in the afternoon, when he's not working overtime. Taylor and Tanner are home schooled and home with us too. The only time they are with other caregivers is during Sunday morning worship and the Sunday school hour these past two weeks. They have done just great at church too. Macey loves the other children and follows directions easily. They tell me she is just a joy to have in class. Marcus is well, Marcus. He is happy to be left for a short time and doesn't mind the love and attention he receives from our good friends Jim and Carol. It's great that they have come to visit at the house twice since we've been home. He is getting to know them at home and church. We are thankful for the time God is giving us to be with M&M. I don't take one moment for granted. I feel like we have already missed so much of their little lives, 4 years with Macey and 3 with Marcus. I just want to gobble up every little moment with them. Can you tell I'm so happy? I'm just beaming as I write this, I can't help it. We pray God will continue to do a work in each of us. We couldn't ask for more.
Blessings,
Meghan

4 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Wow...has it been a month already???? Time flies when you are having fun...and having M&M join the family has definately added a little spunk to your routine, our routine too! It's so amazing to see the healthy changes that have evolved over the last few weeks. I remember when Macey didn't know me and was slow to warm up to me, in the beginning, and now when she sees me and she runs and lifts her arms to be held, it makes my heart smile knowing that she remembers me and loves me! And little Marcus...what a little ham that little boy is! I have to say...you truly have been blessed! With ALL things considered, you were blessed with two amazing, healthy, happy, adjusted, smart, cute, funny and well-behaved kids!!! God knew what he was doing when he brought you to M&M!!! I love you all...and I love those little kids and am so happy so shower them with love and affection and remind them that they are loved now...and always will be! They are precious little miracles and deserve nothing less than the best!!!

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

OK...I forgot to say something!!! That picture of Macey smiling with her little purse...well, she is just as cute as can be...I could just eat her up!!! LOL!!!

Kelly said...

Wow! They both are looking fantastic... not to mention adorable!

Our mission said...

Very cute! We are so happy for you guys, and are looking forward to be back in the United States!!
Love,
the Adamsons that are still in the Ukraine