Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day as a mom of FOUR




WOW! Today was amazing. I celebrated Mother's Day as being the mom of FOUR. I never thought I would be able to say that. I always thought it would just be the four of us: a dad, a mom, one boy and one girl. Wayne said it best when he said, "Don't ever tell God what your plans are or He'll tell you, here's mine." I could not be MORE blessed this Mother's Day. I know Marcus and Macey don't know this day from any other or they can't tell me themselves Thank You or I love You but I felt their love all day today. It started out this morning as we were leaving the house, getting in the car, leaving for church when Marcus gave me the only gift he had - A MAJOR Blowout! His dress shorts were soaked in poop. I had to give him a bath with only 15 minutes until church began. Thank goodness we only live across the street. I almost forgot to mention that today was also Parent Dedication too. We would be in front of the church as a family. Needless to say, Marcus and Macey's ourfits did not match. I was humbly reminded that it's not the things that matter anyway. We were there to dedicate ourselves to raising Marcus and Macey to know the Lord. There were 16 other families doing the same thing with their 18 kids. (The Malone's participated too). We went out to eat as a family for lunch. I chose Mexican, one of my favorites. The kids did great. As we were leaving the restaurant a family noticed us and motioned for us to come over. They were excited to see Wayne with Marcus and noticed he has Ds. I then walked up with Macey holding my hand. The lady was on the brink of tears. She too had her daughter with her who shares the same Ds honor. I was blessed that the Lord would allow our paths to cross today. What an encouragement she was. My Sunday afternoon nap was cut short in order for Taylor and Tanner to take me to the movies. We saw Hannah Montana at the Warren. Wayne stayed home with the littles while they took a nap. The movie, popcorn and the company was great. I'll go out on a date with those two anytime. We ended the evening with gifts and cheesecake, my favorite. Thanks to EACH one of you for making my Mother's Day the best yet!
Blessings,
Meghan
(Mommy to Taylor (14), Tanner (8), Macey (4 Ds) and Marcus (3 Ds)
PRAISE GOD!

2 comments:

Chris and Mary Malone said...

Yea! New posts!! And six to boot!
What a beautiful family. Macey was already cute...but with glasses... cute doesn't cover it! :-)
Love you guys!!!!

Our mission said...

Congratulations Meghan! What a blessed mommy you are, and what a blessing for Marcus and Macy to have their mommy this year! :)