Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're going to be on TV...Tomorrow evening







I received a phone call this afternoon from Galen Culver. He is the photojournalist from KFOR - Newchannel 4 who does the segment called, Is This a Great State or What! He had a received a phone call from my cousin, Katrinka about the time we were coming home from Ukraine. She asked if he would do a story on the adoption of Marcus and Macey. He was interested but wasn't able to come to the airport for our arrival, thank goodness. He did however tell her that our journey would make a great Mother's Day story and that he would take down my information and get back with me after we had been home for a while. I never thought another thing about it, until TODAY. He called. He asked if NOW would be a good time to come over, visit, meet the kids and hear about our journey. I told him the kids were napping and asked if he could please come tomorrow. He then asked if he could come after their naps and would my husband be home from work by then. He WAS coming today! We agreed that he was welcome to come LATER this afternoon. I didn't have time to get nervous. I had lunch dishes to clean up, a shower to take, my husband to call and two little ones to get up and ready for their TV debut. He arrived at 4pm. It was only him. He is his own camera man, interviewer, editor, etc. He is a one man band. He brought the lights and the camera and we provided the action. It was a pleasant hour and a half of talking, filming and playing. He was a patient, personable, laid back, professional photojournalist just doing a story. We have watched News Channel 4 for years. I couldn't help but think Wayne's parents would have LOVED to have seen us on this segment of the news. This was right up Clifford's alley. Who would have thought WE would have had a story to tell. It has been just 8 short months since we committed to Marcus, now WE have a story to tell. I have been praying that God would use Wayne and I and the adoption of Marcus and Macey to FIRST, allow us to share Christ with others and SECONDLY to share the gift of adoption with others too. Maybe this is a way we can be a light for Jesus and for the adoption of orphans. We ARE the voice for the MANY we had to leave behind. I promised I would spend the rest of my days sharing about the many orphans who long to belong to a Forever Family just like Marcus and Macey. We would love for you to see what God ordained today. I believe HE was glorified and our message will be heard.

First airing TOMORROW:
News Channel 4 - Cox Cable channel 3 on Wednesday, May 6th at 6:30pm

Thursday it will be aired throughout the day.
Our story will also be available for viewing on www.kfor.com/community/greatstate

Friday it will air on their sister station OETA throughout the day.

Sunday is Mother's Day. It will air though out the day on Newschannel 4, Cable ch.3

It will not be on any 10pm news cast. His segment does not get that time slot.
Remember to be watching for: Is This a Great State or What!

He wants to come back in 6 months to do a follow up story. I can't even imagine were Marcus and Macey will be by then. Skies the limit!

Thanks for watching.
Blessings,
Meghan

3 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Wow...how exciting!!! You guys are famous now!!!

junglemama said...

How exciting! Yeah-- finally a positive adoption story!

Christy said...

Enjoyed watching! Your kids are just precious.... but I guess you already knew that!