Friday, October 9, 2009

Preschool Family Fun Night










Tonight was a night of fun for preschoolers and their families in our church. The night was filled with inflatables, popcorn, movies, candy and Chick-fil-A for supper. Wayne stayed home due to his recent foot surgery but me and the 4 kiddos headed out for a night of fun. When we arrived the food wasn't quite ready so the kids got to play first. This never happens when we go to a restaurant with a Play Place. The rule is you eat first then play. There were about 60 families that joined in on the festivities. The event was held in our large atrium so the kids had plenty of room to roam and play. What impressed me the most was that this night was for the little guys. The moon bounces were just their size and the movies they showed were just right for them too, not that my kids stopped long enough to watch a movie. They were there to run and jump. Marcus and Macey both had a blast! Tanner was a great "helper" as he helped man the inflatables. He enjoyed helping the little kids have fun. Taylor was a huge help, as usual. We took turns keeping up with Marcus and Macey. Let me just tell you after 2 hours of fun those two slept until 9am this morning. That never happens! We are usually up early for school or church, not today. They got to sleep in. I wish we had a place for a moon bounce at home. It was so much fun and I'm sure they got some therapy out of it too.
There was a moment when I motioned for our preschool director to come see Macey. Macey was inside this inflatable with balloons floating all around. She came to the window and gave us both a smile and waved Hi. I told Ms. Deanna that this moment was worth it all. I wanted her to know how much we appreciated the time and work that went into planning such an event. Of course it would have been easier to stay at home and relax on a Friday night after a long week but I'm glad we came. We are grateful for our church family and the activities they provide for our families. It does not go unnoticed. It's the simple nights of just having fun that I'm reminded just how blessed I truly am to be a mother of FOUR.

3 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Awwww...I love the pictures!!! Everyone is having fun...and it doesn't get any better than that!

I can't help but think, everytime I see new pictures of M & M today...where they would be or what they would be doing had you not chose them?!?!?!?!?

I am thrilled just knowing that their lives have been forever changed! I know I've said this a time or two over the last year or so...but I mean it! I am just as excited today...as I was the day you brought them home and I'm only looking more and more forward to what the future holds!

Love to all! ~ Aunt Jennifer (((((HUGS)))))

Tara and Family said...

Looks like a blast for all, glad you had this time w/your kiddos! I'm sure Marcus and Macey have gone to the moon and back with such excitment and good times!! What a "proud momma" you must be!!!
XOXO, to the kiddos!
Love, Aunt Tara and Family

Tiffany said...

Marcus looks so different now without his little crossed eyes! His new haircut is darling too. My how the 2 of them have grown. They look soooo happy. And so does the rest of the family for that matter!
Thanks for the update and love your new van and license tag :)