Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Macey's first day of BSF


I am an active member of BSF, Bible Study Fellowship. It is a non-denominational, international Bible study that I enjoy attending at my home church. I have served as an usher, worked tape time and volunteered in the Children's program. Tanner came with me before he aged out of the day program. Now it's Macry's turn to come with mommy to Bible Study. We are studying the book of John throughout the entire school year. It is an in-depth study that holds me accountable and a lecture is given that has me taking pages of notes each week. I was not able to finish last year due to the fact we were in Ukraine adopting Macey and Marcus. I chose to stay home and care for them instead of coming back to finish the semester. Good choice! I missed the study of God's word, the small group, lecture time and the fellowship that BSF provides. I did attend a Bible Study over Proverbs by Beth Moore this summer. It was good but nothing compares to BSF. I was excited to come back this year. I didn't know until just days before if I was able to attend. I have prayed about this for months. I needed a peace about it from the Lord. I needed help with my schedule. The study is literally held across the street from my house, in my home church. There are ladies that would drive an hour to attend this study. Marcus goes to school in the morning so he is not able to join us, maybe next year. They were able to place Macey, that's not always possible. They have limited space. That was an answer to prayer. They have also decided to dismiss 15 minutes earlier this year. Another plus for me. BSF now gets out at 11:00. I have 15 minutes to walk across the entire church, pick up Macey from her class and get home (across the street) by 11:15 to get Marcus off the bus. Not a moment to spare. I got all the details worked out and Macey and I started BSF today. The children's leader was so excited to meet Macey for the first time. She had been praying for her over the summer. Macey came right in to church, passed by all the people she didn't know (including the Children's leader) and went straight to her classroom. Her Sunday School classroom that is. Praise God it was the exact same class she will be in for BSF. See God does care about Macey and the small details, like being comfortable in her own SS class. It was by NO mistake that Macey and I were right were we needed and wanted to be today. I know these two hours spent in Bible Study will carry me through the week. It truly is one of my favorite 2 hours of the week. I figure that time would be spent doing something it might as well be BSF. I am grateful God cares for me and my busy schedule. I care for Him and know that spending time in his Word and being with other believers is time well spent. Macey will reap the benefits too. Her class will be learning the same thing we mommy's are just on their level. I'm so grateful to have this time with Macey. I pray God does a work in both of us this year.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I just love it and that you both get to go to BSF! God just worked out all the details, didn't he? Its great seeing pictures since I am so far away. The kiddos are growing like weeds.........:)

Tara and Family said...

I'm happy for you that your able to get back to your BSF class each week. God is looking out for you and your needs, HE is so Good! Love you, Tara