Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I pooped...


Marcus came home from school today with marker on his shirt. After I fed him lunch I changed his diaper and put him to bed. I always keep clothes on him, not today. I took his outfit off so I could begin a load of laundry. You know, so I could get my chores done while he's sleeping. I covered him with a blanket and didn't think a thing about it. I went to wake him up from his afternoon nap and smelled poop. That in itself is not unusual for Marcus, what I found was. Because Marcus had no clothes on he was able to take his poopy diaper right off. He did not want that on him, I don't blame him. I have learned to keep my camera handy for moments just like these. He was a mess. He looked at the bed, his diaper, then me as if to say, "Now what?" It was definitely time for his 2nd bath of the day. I forgot to mention this happened to also be a Wednesday afternoon. You know the busy afternoon when you have to have supper on the table by 4:30 so we can eat and get to our church activities by 5:15.
I know, I know your thinking I'm glad it's you and not me.
These are the Days of My Life, really!

2 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Oh, no!!! So...from now on you'll be putting him to bed with clothes on, right? LOL!!! YUCK!!! Yes ma'am...better you than me on this one! Love ya lots!!!

Tara and Family said...

Eeewww, I'm sure my time is coming soon (not looking forward to that - lol!) Marcus just had a little extra something to show you that day, woops! Gotta love those little ones and all their surprises. Love you, Tara