Friday, August 7, 2009

Pretty Toes



Today was not our normal day in the Dickinson household. Taylor is gone over night to a Youth Evangelism conference and Wayne got off early today to go to the doctor. He has a torn ligament in his right foot that now requires surgery. This is why he had such a hard time with ALL the walking while in Ukraine. It probably hasn't helped that he has been working mandatory 10 hours days, 6-7 days a week for weeks now. We are blessed that he was able to pay back the leave he borrowed for the trip and now he is building up leave so he can take off for surgery soon.

Anyway, I had the opportunity to go have a pedicure while the kids napped and Wayne for that matter. I jumped on it. Macey wasn't in bed yet so I decided to take her with me, just the two of us. I wanted my pedicurist to meet her anyway. She had only heard about the kids and had seen their pictures. I don't think she will meet Marcus anytime soon. :) I called ahead of time so she could get me right in. When we got there she had cartoons on the TV. Macey was excited to sit on my lap. She even liked the massaging of the chair we sat in. She kept her legs across my lap for the first few minutes. She then inched her way down my lap to put her feet in the water. Anne stepped away to wax some one's eyebrows so I let Macey stand in the water. She just oohed and aahed at the warm bubbling water. Anne came back and put lotion on my legs and began massaging, this is my favorite part. All of a sudden while my eyes are closed and I'm totally relaxed I feel this little hand rub her hand down my leg to get lotion for herself. Miss Macey began rubbing her own leg, raising it all the way up to her heard. Anne got a good laugh. I asked Macey if she wanted pretty toes, she said, Yea Yea! Anne picked out a pretty pink and added silver glitter on top so her toes would sparkle. Needless t say, it was not the most relaxing pedicure I've ever had but definitely one of the most memorable.

2 comments:

Tara and Family said...

What a fun time for Macey and Mommy! Her toes are so pretty and the sparkle is fun. Anne is the "best" and goes that extra step when I take Lily along for a pedi, it's great. Macey may be asking to come along on your next visit.
Love to each of you, Aunt Tara

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Awww...and she was so proud of her freshly painted toes! She is such a doll! (((HUGS))) ~ Aunt Jennifer