Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meet the teacher...Open House








This afternoon was meet the teacher night at M&M's new school. I had already met the teacher at the end of the school year last year. We had only been home a few weeks when I had the opportunity to go "sit in" on Ms. Kendra's class. I was at ease right away when I realized who my children would be spending their days with and where exactly. I have been praying for her all summer long. She is a sweet young lady who married last year and taught her first year this past school year. She is kind, gentle and eager. The entire family came this evening to meet Ms. Kendra and see the new classroom. Taylor and Tanner thought this was so cool. They get to go to school. They enjoyed showing Marcus and Macey around the classroom. Macey went towards the play kitchen , talked on the phone and held a baby. Marcus was on the bean bags (the colors of the Ukrainian flag I might add) and found his way to the table for a snack. They both were comfortable and made themselves at home. I was busy filling out paperwork and turning in school supplies. Wayne enjoyed watching the kids in their new environment and assured me they would do great and we were doing the right thing. I am so glad I brought him along. He is always so relaxed and laid back, unlike me. I was a little nervous. I am happy with their teacher and the school it's just that I am leaving 2 non-verbal children in the care of some one besides me. I know that they are attached to us as a family and they deserve the opportunity of the services the school will provide. They will only be gone two and a half hours a day for goodness sake.

I was given a verse recently that I am claiming for myself and this transition:
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

When you think of our new family please keep us all in prayers as we make yet another transition in each of our daily lives.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

We are getting ready for this same transition and I am feeling the same anxiety. The verse you posted is one of my favorites. :)

Tara and Family said...

They will both do fine! M & M will be in great care and get lots of one-on-one attention, it's going to be okay. The time will go by so quickly and before you know, the days done.
Tomorrow is the "big day", school time has arrived for the littles! Be sure to post their "1st Day of School" photos, we will be waiting.
Enjoy your last day of summer with them, Tara

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry! Be thankful that you live in such a wonderful school district, with such kind and well-educated teachers and professionals who care and are excited, just like you, about all that is yet to come for M & M. Be proud of yourself in knowing this is best for them and that you are providing them, in school, what you can not provide for them at home. It takes a lot of courage to step to the side and give someone else a chance to make a difference in the lives of these two amazing kids! You are sending them to school, not summer camp or (gasp!) daycare! I know, and millions of other moms know, just what it feels like to leave young, non-verbal children with "strangers". They will be OK...and we all know, you'll be buddies with everyone in that school before too long! :) This is just another piece of the amazing puzzle you are creating in the lives of M & M! It's going to be great...you'll see! (((HUGS))) Love to all and lots of prayers that their first day of school tomorrow goes well!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! ~ Aunt Jennifer

Tiffany said...

Praying for you and your little ones! They will do great! You have given them the love of a family and a happy healthy home. Now they will get the education that our country can provide!