Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why Marcus can not be left alone


I feel like I have some explaining to do. Yes, this is my handsome boy on the kitchen table after drinking/spilling my Diet Coke. He was only left alone for a minute. It was 9:15 and the kids and I were getting together the backpacks for the littles, Bibles, offering for everyone, I stopped to put on my lipstick, you know the things you do before you walk out the door to church. (Wayne is working mandatory 6-7 hour days so he wasn't home to join us). We were all gathered by the front door ready to go, well everyone except Marcus. He was left to himself in the living room. When I noticed him missing I found him here, on the dining room table. A kitchen chair must not have been pushed completely up to the table so he climbed in it himself and up on top of the table and had himself a drink. remind you church starts in 15 minutes. Even though we are close I knew we were going to be late. Satan was NOT going to keep us home. I quickly undressed him and gave him the 2nd bath of the morning. Diet Coke is sticky, there was no just wiping him off. I changed his clothes and off we went to church. The other kids did great. Taylor and Tanner picked up the slack. The wet clothes went in the washer, back packs were loaded, everyone had a Bible and offering and got themselves and Macey buckled in the van. Poor Marcus had no idea what the fuss was all about. I dropped T&T off at the front doors so they wouldn't be too late while I unloaded the two littles and got them to their classes. I sure do miss my husband on the Sunday mornings he has to work. I miss him worshipping beside me and all the help he provides for the kids. It sure was nice that Wayne had lunch on the table when we got home from church. He had NO idea the kind of morning we had. The Lord truly blessed my time of worship and Bible Study. There was no place I would have rather been, distractions and all!

So, how do your Sunday morning's go for you and your family?
I know I'm not alone.

5 comments:

Alyson said...

You have to laugh or you will cry. I feel your pain!!! :) Thanks for continuing to share - even the things that frustrate! I am so glad you had enough thought to get a picture. He wanted to have a drink - isn't that an answer to prayer! See you soon.
Alyson

Tara and Family said...

How priceless, just the beginning of all the "little" things they will get into, how cute is he?!?! Enjoying the posts, keep up the good work. Love to all, Aunt Tara and Family

Tiffany said...

I love it! He likes Diet Coke in the morning too! Ian used to wait until I would leave my Dr. Pepper can sitting around and when I got in the shower he would drink it! He was little, still in a diaper when he did this. I got quite a kick out of seeing Marcus with Coke all over him. It reminded me of when Ian was little... They do grow up too fast. Your kids are beyond darling, I know you are enjoying them!
Tiffany

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

I will admit, Payton and Rylee are such big helpers on our Sunday mornings. Payton helps get the car loaded up while Rylee gets Jordan on the potty, all while I am trying to shower and get ready myself. It's chaotic...but it's the only way we know! No matter how rushed or how hectic our Sunday mornings seem to be, once the praise & worship starts, I realize then, that it's all worth it! There really is no better place for us to be than church!

Unknown said...

We only had two when we had littles in the house - but they were ADHD and it was like having six - lol. Sunday mornings were such a production that it left us exhausted and there were TWO of us and TWO of them. Can't imagine how hard it is for you...Prayers always!