Sunday, February 28, 2010

We left as a family of 4 and were forever changed.





One year ago today we left as a family of 4 and were forever changed. We boarded a plane and were headed to Ukraine to meet our now son and daughter. This was a day we anticipated for 6 short months. God had moved in such a powerful way the day we said, Yes. Now it was time to go! A day we had talked about, dreamt about and wondered of it would ever come. I remember going to the airport late the night before we left to weigh our bags, just in case. I stayed up all night preparing for the trip of a lifetime. Would we have enough money, did I pack everything I could think of, what will it be like to see, then Timur for the first time? The trip itself was OK. We made it to each of our destinations with all our luggage. This was a first for Wayne and Tanner. Neither of them had ever flown before. We had the pleasure of meeting DJ and McKenna Powell and sharing part of our travels with them. They too were headed to Ukraine to adopt their precious daughter through Reece's Rainbow. It was so nice to have another couple who spoke English to travel with. We were all excited for the days to come. I could not anticipate the joy that was about to come into our lives. Marcus and Macey were and still are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I am totally head-over-heals in love with both of them. We are truly the ones who have blessed by their lives. This has been the best year of my life! We Grew by 2 and now the New Dickinson Family is a family of 6. Praise God!

Tomorrow Marcus will celebrate his 4th birthday as a US citizen and as our son. I can not help but be heavy hearted for his birth mother. I am thankful that she gave him life. Without her Marcus would not be at home with his Forever Family. I will again think of her tomorrow as we celebrate the life the Lord has blessed us. I know as a mom to two other children I gave birth to, that it is a day I will never forget. I trust that she too will remember March 1st and think of the child she gave life to. I wish that she could see how well he's doing. He's thriving, growing and has such a sweet spirit. The Lord knew exactly who would be best for our family. I am so glad Wayne chose him and told us he looks just like a Dickinson. I'm proud to say that he indeeed is a Dickinson.

4 comments:

Jennifer C. Roberts said...

Happy 4th Birthday Marcus Timur!!! You are such an adorable little boy and I have loved you since the very first time I laid eyes on you! I am so happy that your Mommy and Daddy brought you home to us and I look forward to many, many more adventerous years with you! XOXOXOXOXO ~ Aunt Jennifer!

Hidden Treasures farm said...

Happy birthday Timur! We hope you enjoy your first birthday at home!
love,
The Adamsons

Tara and Family said...

Happy Birthday Marcus Timur Dickinson! See you on Saturday for the party! XOXO to all, Aunt Tara and Family

Sydney said...

Wow, Meghan! I can't believe it has almost been a year since you brought your children home. Amazing how time flies.
Sydney