Monday, February 1, 2010

Donate...to save a life!



Today I had the privilege of donating platelets for a family member. I just learned last week that my sister-n-law has Leukemia. Dee Dee Dixon-Rund is the wife of my brother Kevin and the mother of Morgan (16) and Emmery (11). She is fighting for her life! I don't have all the details. What I do know is donating is something I could do to help her in this time of need. She is the president of Oklahoma City Title and Abstract Company in Edmond, OK. They held a blood drive for her last Friday. I was unable to attend the drive due to the weather. I was excited to learn that 25 people donated for her that day at her office. The request now is for 2,000 people to get registered for the National Bone Marrow Registry. I registered today. It really is easy to do. I would encourage anyone in the state of Oklahoma to register on her behalf and donate blood through the Oklahoma Blood Institute. Dee Dee receives $20 credit for every donation given in her name. No matter your blood type or the blood product you choose to give, whole blood or platelets, etc. If you are reading this and unable to donate for whatever reason please pray for Dee Dee and her healing. We serve a Big God and my prayer is that she knows Him as her personal Lord and Savior.
If you are able to donate PLEASE do. It matters!
I would love for Dee Dee to receive the credit for your donation. Please e-mail me and I will give you her name and hospital so she receives proper credit. (meghandickinson@cox.net)

Again, Just Donate!

www.obi.org
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/DeeDeeRund

Thank You!

1 comment:

Our mission said...

We are praying for your friend and we hope she gets better!
Love, Haylee Adamson (eldest daughter)
adopting Lacie (RR)