Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ruslana has a Forever Family!


Is was back on October 3rd that I posted about a little girl named Ruslana. She is a 4 year old little girl (soon to be 5 in Jan.) who has Ds. She is currently living in an orphange in Eastern Europe. The post I wrote addressed the issue of her being transfereed before the committed family could get to her. I followed this families blog and continued to pray for Ruslana. I prayed the Lord would protect her and keep her from going to that other awful place, the mental institution. I do not have first hand experience with an institution but I know what it did to our dear friend Micah Malone in just 6 short months. It changed him. No child deserves this fate. Finally news came that the orphanage would in deed hold Ruslana until her family could arrive. I was so excited for Ruslana. It would only be a matter of days before she would be rescued. Plans change. The committed family was not able to bring Ruslana home. She would indeed be sent to the institution without a family to rescue her. I was heart broken once again for Ruslana. How many chances would she get? Our dear friends the Malone's were heart sick too. They knew what her fate was and did not want to see her moved. They answered the call only God could give and committed themselves to Bringing Ruslana Home! The Lord answered my prayers for her so quickly. It happened so fast. Just to think I have been praying for this precious child and now she is coming home, HERE. I can hardly wait to snuggle with her myself. She is just precious. I'm sure she and Macey will be great friends. (Ruslana is only a month younger than Macey). I am so excited to see the Lord work things together for His good. I am so very happy for Ruslana. She deserves a Forever Family!

2 comments:

Tara and Family said...

What a sweet baby-doll! So glad to hear that she has a family to look forward to meeting and in OKLAHOMA, the Malones!! Please keep us posted on her progress. Love you, Tara

Cheri said...

That is so exciting! She is sure a cutie!!