Sunday, August 31, 2008

All About Us


Wayne and I (Meghan) have been married for 14 years and have been blessed with 2 biological children, Taylor (13) and Tanner (8). Wayne is a civilian employee with the government and is a gifted Christian singer/songwriter. I am a full time stay at home mom who home schools our children and is active in the volunteer and evangelism ministries of our church. We enjoy serving in our church home together and sharing Wayne's music when we minister to others.





We have always had a heart for children with Down Syndrome. There have been different children with Down Syndrome who have come into our lives but more importantly into our hearts. We have become close and have fallen in love with our best friend's son Eli (4) who has Down Syndrome. We enjoy participating in the Buddy Walk and other activities with the Malone family while celebrating Eli. With much thought and prayer we too want to rescue a child from an orphanage in Eastern Europe. Timur has stolen our hearts! We are excited to give him a family to love. We are the ones who will be blessed. Taylor and Tanner can not wait to have him home soon. Tanner will now be a big brother! Our family has a heart for children with special needs and now with God's blessing we will have one of our own. We feel like we are to be the hands and feet of God extended in this world to bring Timur HOME!
  • It's no coincidence that Timur's name starts with a T and ends with an R, just like Taylor and Tanner.
  • There is 5 1/2 years between Taylor and Tanner and 5 1/2 years between Tanner and Timur.

Please help us Bring Timur Home to our family where he so PERFECTLY belongs!

"Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcome me." (Matthew 18:5)

4 comments:

Our Story: Continued said...

Hey Meghan, will you email me? I have some questions for you and can't find your email!! powellfamilysa {at} yahoo {dot} com.

Cheri said...

Hi...I want to help!!:)

I left a comment many months ago about how thrilled I was that Timur had found his forever family...he had gripped my heart from the first time I saw him on Reece's Rainbow. I tried to grab your button to put on my blog, but it is not allowing access for some reason when I click on Grab this Button. I would love to feature your story on my blog to help raise any extra funds you are in need of...I am so excited how close you are to bringing him home. I can't wait to see more pictures of this little boy I've fallen in love with...and can't wait for him to be in your arms! :) My email is tlcforeman@verizon.net. Our blog is http://raisingreid.blogspot.com

Cheri said...

Nevermind....It worked when I tried it again! Hooray! Timur is up on my blog and my post this afternoon will feed into the GIFTS website http://giftsds.segullah.org

Many blessings to you!
Cheri Foreman
Long Beach, CA

R-N-R said...

Congratulations on a safe return home. Your family is beautiful! Just found your letter from January so I thought I would check on your family and was totally surprised to see you were coming home with a family of 6. When I last talked to you it was going to be a family of 5. The more the merrier! Wishing you all the best, Raelyn